ENGAGE . . . ENRICH . . . ENLIGHTEN
For 75 years, theatre has been a vital part of the fine arts on campus.
BUILDING ON TRADITION . . . TRANSFORMING THE FUTURE
Here's few ways the department has improved in just two short years:
• Added full time faculty member as our Designer/Technical Director
• Installed new seats in Marian Auditorium, our main venue
• Installed two new technical operation booths in Marian Auditorium
• Marian Auditorium has fresh paint and carpet, with runway aisle lights
• Marian Auditorium has two new boom lighting positions
• New design lab, complete with drafting tables, a blueline printer and plotter
• Renovated the Bistro Second Stage with a lighting grid
• Installed an awesome 3-tier racking system to house our costumes
• Upgraded our Costume Studio space with equipment
• Upgraded our Scene Shop equipment
So, if you are looking for a small program on the move, a place where new things are happening, where you will get your hands into the work immediately, a place that will offer you courses very few other programs will (Drafting for the Theatre, Scenic Painting, Furniture and Prop Construction, Movement, Drama in the Church), a place that will hook you up with great connections through participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF) and USITT (United States Institute for Theatre Technology). We invite you to come to campus for a visit, see a show, audition and/or interview for a scholarship.
Requires flash player