Mount Marty College Names Lady and Lord Marben Royalty during 60 th Annual Homecoming
September 27, 2019
Students at Mount Marty College (MMC) in Yankton celebrated the college’s 60 th annual homecoming
celebration Sept. 16-21, 2019. The week-long celebration culminated with the naming of the college’s
homecoming royalty — Lord Marben Trent Wilson and Lady Marben Genevieve Clark.
MMC students, faculty, staff, and administrators voted for 2019 homecoming royalty candidates among
its eligible senior class. The 10 candidates were selected on the basis of leadership and involvement,
service and concern for others, dedication and loyalty, and daily living of Christian ideals.
Learn more about Lord and Lady Marben and our homecoming candidates below …
Lady Marben Genevieve Clark is a nursing major from Gayville, SD. She is the daughter of Roxanne
Snoozy, and her guardians are Joan and Larry Clark.
- Future plans? Working in the healthcare field for a couple of years and then returning to Mount Marty to become a nurse practitioner
- Hobbies? Paddle boarding, running, volleyball, basketball, traveling, being outside, and writing
- Why Mount Marty? The size, location, and outstanding nursing program
- Favorite quote? “Through hard work, perseverance, and a faith in God, you can live your dreams.” — Ben Carson
Lord Marben Trent Wilson is an elementary education major from Sioux City, Iowa. He is the son of Jim
and Angie Wilson.
- Future plans? To teach 5th grade and coach
- Hobbies? Basketball, Frisbee golf, and watching movies
- Why Mount Marty? Because of its warm and welcoming environment
- Favorite quote? “Be yourself; everyone else is taken.” — Oscar Wilde
Lady Marben Candidates
The daughter of Sharon and Les Oien, Abby Oien is human services major (minor in special education)
- Future plans? To start her Human Services career in the Yankton area
- Why Mount Marty? Because of the welcoming and faith-based community atmosphere
- Favorite quote? “Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do.”
- Favorite place on campus? Bishop Marty Chapel
The daughter of Ric and Janet Hansen, Shiann Hansen is an English and secondary education major
(minor in theater) from Alton, Iowa.
- Future plans? Finding a job at a small high school when she can teach English and lead the theater program, plus pursuing her master’s degree
- Hobbies? Singing, writing, canoeing, reading and photography
- Why Mount Marty? Because it felt like home and everyone was so welcoming
- Giving back? Volunteers every week in the sewing room at the monastery with Sister Bernadette
The daughter of Tim and Alyssa Koisti, Molly Koisti is a biology major (minor in chemistry and Spanish)
from Lake Poinsett, SD.
- Future plans? To become a physician assistant and go on medical mission trips
- Hobbies? Cooking, reading, traveling and listening to music
- MMC activities? SGA, Student Ambassadors, Green Lancer Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and BioChem Club
- Why Mount Marty? Because of the small class sizes and friendly people
The daughter of Brian and Doreen Kuca, Ali Kuca is an exercise science major from Dante, SD.
- Future plans? To attend graduate school to become a physical therapist
- Favorite MMC class? Art Design with David Kahle
- Hobbies? Spending time with her family, friends, and cats and shopping
- Why Mount Marty? Because of the small school atmosphere and the proximity to her home
Lord Marben Candidates
The son of Brady and Jill Muth, Colin Muth is an exercise science major from Yankton.
- Future plans? To become an athletic trainer and strength and conditioning coach
- Hobbies? Yard games, fishing, and video games
- Why Mount Marty? To play baseball and because of the small size of the campus
- Favorite MMC class? Biomechanics
The son of Charles and Susan Illg, Charley Illg is an accounting major from Sioux Falls.
- Future plans? Helping others succeed by having a positive impact on them
- Why Mount Marty? Because he felt comfortable with the atmosphere of the college. He wanted to be a part of something special and Mount Marty felt right
- Hobbies? Baseball, photography and video production
- Values most? God, family, and friends
The son of Brad and DeAnne Rechtenbaugh, Jonah Rechtenbaugh is a criminal justice major from Hartford, SC.
- Hobbies? Hunting, camping, and playing Rocket League
- Favorite MMC class? Criminal Investigation with Dr. DeWitt
- Favorite spot on campus? Benny’s Café
The son of Tad and Brenda Fiegen, Cole Fiegen is a history secondary education major from Garretson,
- Future plans? To teach middle school social studies and coach basketball
- Hobbies? Watching movies, playing video games and shooting hoops
- Why Mount Marty? Because of the personal relationship he could have with the faculty and the fact that he would be more than just a number on campus
- Favorite MMC class? “History of the Vietnam War”