The Mount Marty Difference
Some days you can all but taste and touch the friendly atmosphere at Mount Marty. You’re high on a hill overlooking the Missouri, one of America’s great rivers. Below is historic Yankton, once the proud capital of government, religion and commerce for all of Dakota Territory — and today a beautiful modern city and our home.
Students, faculty and staff of Mount Marty College are integral to the city’s purpose — as vital and enduring as our neighbor the timeless river.
Our liberal arts college in South Dakota was founded by the sisters of the Sacred Heart Monastery, who live, work and pray alongside our students and staff; their Benedictine ideals of ministry, leadership and service are embedded in all we do. And if you're lucky enough to befriend a sister, you'll quicky learn why those relationships don't fade after you've left Mount Marty; our alumni visit the sisters sometimes on a monthly basis.
Our Whole-Person Approach
MMC has a proud tradition of faith-based learning focused on developing well rounded students. With personal attention and support from faculty and staff, you can achieve excellence and pursue your
passions in academics, athletics, fine arts and other activities. We’ll help you gain the strong values and life skills that make you a whole person. Plus you'll gain connections that will last a lifetime.
We strive to prepare students for the workplace but also to provide the skills to be successful leaders. Career-readiness at Mount Marty is blended with the liberal arts values of creativity, communications and personal growth needed for success in the real world.
Check out what campus life is like, and see what our current students say about their time at Mount Marty. Find out about how our graduates have gone on to make an impact in their corners of the world. Then, come by and experience it for yourself. Visit our shady, picturesque campus and get a taste of life at the Mount. See the river and the town. Our catholic, faith-based college just might be the perfect place for you to grow.
- Forming leaders prepared for responsible local and global citizenship
- Promoting the personal growth of students, faculty, and staff
- Excelling in all education programs
- Engaging the community in good zeal and mutual respect
- Carrying out the Catholic Benedictine tradition of higher education
- Enhancing the Catholic intellectual and spiritual legacy
- Providing opportunities for ministry and service
- Ensuring responsible stewardship of resources
- Cultivating an appreciation for human and cultural diversity, social justice, and rural heritage