MMC in Top Third of all SD Colleges and Universities for Return on Investment
AffordableCollegesOnline.org- today's #1 resource for college affordability and financial aid information - recently identified the South Dakota colleges and universities with the greatest lifetime return on investment. Graduates from these schools enjoy the largest earnings gap between non-degree holders over thirty years, and earn more on average than graduates from other South Dakota schools. Mount Marty College came in at number seven on the list for South Dakota.
"These are important lists for prospective students to consider," says AC Online founder Dan Schuessler. "We've sifted through comprehensive data sources to find colleges and universities in South Dakota that offer a high quality education with consistent, long-term payoffs in the workplace."
AC Online developed the following criteria for consideration as a "High ROI College":
AC Online compiled a list of schools meeting these criteria by using the following highly respected, authoritative data sets:
- Fully accredited institution
- Either public or private
- Four-year, degree-granting institution
- ROI according to PayScale's 2013 College Value Report
- NCES, the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. It provides consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends.
- IPEDS, the primary federal source for data on colleges, universities, and technical and vocational post secondary schools in the U.S.
- Carnegie Classification, a framework widely used in the study of higher education, both as a way to represent and control for institutional differences, and also in the design of research studies to ensure adequate representation of sampled institutions, students, or faculty.
- Payscale.com, the premier salary data collection organization.
"We aim to educate so that potential students are aware of their options for obtaining a degree and, most importantly, for paying for one," says Schuessler. What are the most affordable options - online study, two-year, four-year, public or private colleges? What financial aid options are available and what pitfalls should you avoid? Our goal at AffordableCollegesOnline is to keep our finger on the pulse of college-related issues, the latest research, how the government is responding, and help students analyze their options."
About AC Online
Affordable Colleges Online provides students with information about affordable higher education options. The website offers financial aid videos, expert advice, and cost savings ideas. AC Online is a trusted resource for college stats and rankings. Most recently the site launched a feature that provides students with a categorized directory of free online introductory, or "101", classes from several top named U.S. universities such as MIT, Michigan and U.C. Berkeley.