Non-Degree Seeking Students

If you are looking at taking classes at Mount Marty for personal enrichment, teacher recertification, or to transfer to another institution and do not intend on pursuing an undergraduate degree from our college, you are considered a non-degree seeking student.

View course offerings and schedule 

Submit a non-degree seeking application

If you're a high school student looking to gain college credit, please visit our dual credit program page.


Non-Degree seeking Frequently Asked Questions:

  • How much does it cost per credit? For costs, call or email Jeanne Haar in the office of admissions at or 605-668-1439.
  • Do I have to fill out an application? Yes. An application for non-degree seeking admission must be completed before registering for any courses.
  • Do I have to submit transcripts? Students applying for non-degree seeking admission are not required to submit transcripts in order to enroll; however, some students may be required to submit transcripts upon request to verify prerequisites for certain courses.
  • Can a non-degree seeking student apply for financial aid? No. Students registered as non-degree seeking are not eligible for institutional or federal financial assistance.
  • Can my non-degree seeking credits be applied if I choose to pursue a degree? Yes. If regular admission is desired, the non-degree seeking student must fulfill the admissions and degree requirements for regular admission. After regular admission has been granted, credits earned while enrolled as a non-degree seeking student may be considered for fulfillment of the degree requirements. Mount Marty College is under no obligation to grant a degree to any non-degree seeking student until that student changes the acceptance status from unclassified to regular admission.
  • What if I have other questions? Here are two ways to get more information.
      1. Ask us via our live chat feature. Visit the future students page and look for the Chat with Admissions button near the bottom right.
      2. Call or email Jeanne Haar in the office of admissions at or 605-668-1439.